Tuesday 18 February 2014

FALSE MATURITY

WHAT IS MATURITY?

“MATURITY” - The very sight of this word makes us think.
By the way what do we exactly mean by this? Let’s find out…
If we go online this word is defined as follows…
“In psychology, maturity is the ability to respond to the environment in an appropriate manner. This response is generally learned rather than instinctive. Maturity also encompasses being aware of the correct time and place to behave and knowing when to act, according to the circumstances and the culture of the society one lives in.”

But according to me maturity is just our state of mind in which we think rationally and logically and behave sensibly.

WHY AM I DEFINING THIS?

There is a need for it. Almost all of us today are living in the world with false maturity. Because we don’t want anyone to advise us. According to us whatever is right we do it without even thinking about the consequences. Addition to that we have false justification to prove us right.


SITUATION THAT MADE ME WRITE THIS?

The most common statement that we kids say when someone advise us is
“We are not babies.”
“We are not small kids anymore.”

For our elder ones we are always kids. That’s a different case.
Anyways normally I used to use the second statement.
Unfortunately I had to hear the first statement today.

Well, I had been to Sammathi garden of my college. There I found few kids breaking few leaves, cutting its tip and putting it in their mouth.
I seriously didn’t know if it was edible or not.
It may have been edible but it was fully covered with dust. Obviously that made it unfit to consume.
When I tried to stop them from doing so, they started convincing me saying it was edible. When I showed them the dust and warned them of suffering from stomach infection, the first thing they said was
“We are not babies.”

5-9 years old kids think they are matured enough to take care of themselves. I don’t think they really are. Are they?
Can’t we call it a false maturity.
If so why is it?


I may not be the right person to answer this. Neither I have the maturity nor the knowledge. But it definitely makes us think.

I am in search of answer….




Share/Bookmark
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment